CI & DEV OPS
Devops is a culture that puts development and IT operations in the same boat. This method improves IT service delivery with both teams working together for continuous development, testing, feedback and deployments.
In today’s rapidly evolving and competitive business ecosystems, there is a constant need for improved reliability, faster delivery and incorporating complex, novel features in an app or software.
When customers demand swift changes in functionality, the traditional way of doing things doesn’t equip us with the right tools to deal with frequent changes and demands. You need an accelerated delivery of service using agile principles and reduced delivery cycle times.
- This would be very difficult if your development team is oblivious to the IT requirements for code implementation.
- DevOps helps in bridging gaps in traditional development-IT relations and you get your much-needed focus on collaboration, automation, monitoring and increased throughput in delivering applications.
Using agile principles, we have to create cross-functional teams which comprise developers, IT Ops, infrastructure architects and a Quality Analysis team. Frequent releases and setting up test environments for them becomes a lucid process. Other major points to consider are:-
- Automated build and release
- Automated infrastructure/system provisioning
- Integrating DevOps tools into a Service Delivery Platform
- Increase Customer Satisfaction & Retention
- Increase Business Efficiency
- Improve Response Time
- Increase Ops alignment to business goals
- Reduced Cost over time
- Improve Business Agility
- Better Employee Productivity & Satisfaction
- Faster delivery of new features
- Better release control & versioning
- More frequent software releases
- Better development velocity
- Reduce Time for Action
- Better collaboration amongst project teams
- Reduced IT Costs
- Better Productivity
- Automated server configuration reduces time window for resource management from days to minutes.